The Holy Name Society was formed in 1274 by Pope Gregory X who commissioned Blessed John of Vercelli, Master General of the Dominican Order, to preach devotion to the Holy Name of Jesus.
The objectives of The Holy Name Society have been established as:
• To honor the Names of God and of Jesus Christ by the example of a strictly Catholic life.
• To spread devotion and increase love for the Sacred Name of Jesus.
• To suppress blasphemy, profane and indecent language.
• To prevent false oaths, in and out of court.
• To impart to Catholic men courage in the profession of their faith.
At Our Lady of Lourdes Parish our branch is sometimes referred to as “The Men’s Club”. They are heavily involved in the activities of our parish with a strong emphasis on fund raising.
They contribute to religious education at Our Lady of Lourdes and have volunteered their time as well as money for this cause.
The members are also involved with the parish council, the school board, and other organizations in our parish; they are Eucharistic ministers, Ushers, Lectors, etc.
The meetings are held on the first Monday at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. All men of the parish are invited to attend one of the meetings and to become involved. There are no dues, they only ask that you participate.
If you are interested in joining the Holy Name Society, please contact:
|Mr. Doug Brinker||Presidentemail@example.com||636.239.1898|